Even though everyone from toddlers to grandparents seems to have cell phones these days, we don’t always have great cell phone service. To help with that problem, there are cell phone boosters that take your cell signal and amplify it to ensure you can make calls and send texts.
But are cell phone boosters in Woodward, OK all they’re cracked up to be? Like with many things, cell phone boosters have some pros and some cons. Continue reading to find out what they are, and to see if one is right for you.
Pros of cell phone boosters
Let’s start with the good stuff! These are a few benefits of installing a cell phone signal booster in your car or home:
- Improve coverage: Chances are, you’ve been in an area that’s had little to no cell phone service. While it can be nice to be somewhat “off the grid” for a bit, there are situations in which reliable cell service is a must. That’s where a booster comes in handy! A cell phone booster helps ensure your area has cell service so you can stay in touch.
- Increase signal strength: Even if you have cell service in an area, it might not be very good, which leads to dropped calls or texts that never get sent out. A booster helps with that! As long as you’re near the booster, you’ll have crystal-clear sound quality and no issues sending or receiving messages.
- One-time purchase: Unlike with your cell phone plan, there’s no monthly subscription or service fee associated with using a cell phone booster. You only have to pay for the unit itself—no strings attached!
Cons of cell phone boosters
Unfortunately, cell phone boosters in Woodward, OK aren’t all roses. Here are a few of the potential downfalls of cell phone boosters:
- Possible poor design: Cell phone booster manufacturers aren’t regulated by any government agencies, which means they don’t have to live up to any set standards. If you’re not careful, you could wind up with a shoddy unit that doesn’t do its job. We recommend doing a lot of research before investing in a particular cell phone booster.
- Interference: On top of malfunctions, shoddy boosters or ones that are improperly installed may cause interference with wireless networks. That’s not necessarily an issue if only one phone is using the booster, but it becomes a problem if two people are making phone calls at the same time.
- Units can be expensive: As we mentioned above, cell phone boosters are just a one-time expense. However, they can be quite costly! Be sure to shop around to ensure you’re getting the best deal for your booster. That said, don’t buy the cheapest model on the market, as you could wind up with a shoddy device.
If you’re ready to install cell phone boosters in Woodward, OK in your home, office or car, be sure to come by Devine’s Electronics Authorized Radio Shack Dealer. In addition to selling top-of-the-line cell phone boosters, we can also set them up for you.
Categorised in: Phone Accessories
This post was written by Writer