There are many benefits of learning to play a musical instrument. Perhaps you already play one, or perhaps it’s something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do. Well, why wait another moment? Carve out some time in your schedule and take up a new instrument this summer! Here are just a few of the biggest reasons why you should consider getting acquainted with a musical instrument:
- It can be a great source of stress relief: Music is undeniably an excellent source of stress relief. There have been studies that show playing music helps to lower a person’s heart rate and blood pressure. Playing and listening to classical music in particular is associated with relaxation of the mind and body, and decreasing the levels of stress hormones.
- It gives you something to work toward: The sense of achievement and satisfaction you get from learning how to play an instrument and then learning how to play individual songs is truly a great feeling, especially once you “nail it” at the performance. Playing an instrument is something you can take great pride in. It’s just nice to have something positive that you can work toward, and to do so because you actually enjoy doing it, not because you rely on paychecks that come from it.
- It opens up new social outlets: Taking up an instrument can be a great way to expand your social circle. You can join musical groups, including community bands and orchestras, and meet a wide variety of new people. You might even consider starting up your own group. Playing an instrument is a great way to be a part of a team in which you can take tremendous pride.
- It improves your memory: Numerous studies have shown that playing a musical instrument enhances memory and spatial reasoning. This is because playing an instrument exercises both sides of your brain, which ultimately leads to increased memory power.
- It improves your creativity: Music is an outstanding creative outlet. Not only is it extremely satisfying to create something musically by yourself or with others, but it also gives you the ability to inject a bit of your personality and soul into the music, to give it your own sort of interpretation. The notes that are written on the page are only a part of what makes music truly powerful—the performance and interpretation you give to it make it very special indeed, and give you a chance to exercise your creative muscles.
- It’s fun: Are you looking for a new hobby to keep you busy during the summer, something that you’ll enjoy? What better reason to take on an instrument than it simply being fun? We think you’ll enjoy it!
For more reasons why you should consider taking up a musical instrument this summer, come by our music store in Woodward, OK. The team at Devine’s Electronics Authorized Radio Shack Dealer would love to show you the selection of musical instruments we have in stock and help you try some out for yourself.
Categorised in: Music Instrument Store
This post was written by Writer