While the process of playing an electric and an acoustic guitar is largely similar, the equipment needed to make them sound great can differ slightly. Acoustic guitars rely on a hollow wooden body to make the reverberations of the strings resonate. Electric guitars, meanwhile, are made of a solid wooden body that doesn’t resonate. They rely on electric pickups to collect the sound of the strings reverberating, and translate it to electric signals that are then sent to and read by an amplifier.
This means that the investment required to start playing electric guitar is often a bit more substantial than that necessary for an acoustic guitar. Electric guitarists will need to purchase amplifiers, cords and more to begin playing. If you really feel the need to shred, however, an electric guitar is likely right for you!
The best way to determine the type of electric guitar and equipment for you is to discuss your playing style and more with someone at your local guitar store in Woodward, OK. They’ll be able to help you determine the best gear for your needs.
Here are just some of the necessary pieces of equipment you’ll need to start playing electric guitar:
- Guitar: For starters, you’ll need to find an electric guitar that meets your needs. There are hundreds of different types and brands to choose from, so it’s important to do your research and to chat with an expert at a guitar store in Woodward, OK.
- Amplifier: Next, you’ll need to pick out an amp. The amp is what converts the electronic signals sent through your instrument cables into music. Different amps produce different tones and sounds. Some amps are high-powered workhorses, while others are designed with portability in mind.
- Instrument cables: Not all instrument cables are created equal. Be sure to ask about the different types of metal used to create the cable, and don’t hesitate to talk to an expert at a guitar store in Woodward, OK about the best cable types for your needs.
- Pedals: If you’re looking for a way to take your creativity to the next level, you’ll want to invest in a set of pedals. Guitar pedals are used to change the sound your guitar is producing. They can alter its tone, create noise loops and more.
- Cases: You’ll need a good, high-quality case to carry your guitar around. Be sure to select a case that’s easy to grab, but that will still provide your guitar with optimal protection. Electric guitars are fragile, and should be handled with care and caution.
For more than a decade, Devine’s Electronics Authorized Radio Shack Dealer has been a trusted provider of electronics and musical instruments. In fact, we’re proud to be among the top guitar stores in Woodward, OK. To learn more about our high-quality electronics equipment and comprehensive inventory of guitar and other musical instrument gear, reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives today. We’d be happy to help you select an excellent electric guitar that’s perfect for you.
Categorised in: Guitar Store
This post was written by Writer